Roxcool

Roxcool
'For Adventures of a lifetime'

Monday 25 July 2011

Relaxation, bookings preparation and shopping (Ed. AGAIN!!!!)

So, I think that today we all realised the amount of sleep that we all lacked greatly, when we all had a lie-in – again awoken to the familiar smell of porridge and eggy-bread and of course the usual lively banter from our group.

Task of today was to re-pack our main-sacks, to ensure that we had all the appropriate equipment and clothes that we need to last us for the entire main trek on Salkantay trek – well now this was interesting watching other girls running around shouting across the rooms asking what clothes we were all packing. One hour later, I still had no idea to what I needed to take with me, scared of over-packing, being typical girls, we all ensured that we doubled-checked with each other!!

Finally after re-packing our seemingly light bags, we thought that we’d have the food that was left for lunch, this entailed tortilla wraps with taco sauce, cheese, meat and yes crisps. Sharing food on this trip has definitely been part of the fun in eating! So the rest of the day was left to going and exploring more of Cusco, booking up our white water rafting experience when we get back from the trek as well as planning and booking ahead for our night in Lima (Mirraflores).

Shopping – I think that some of us have discovered a fetish for spending money on silly souvenirs, well all I can say is that it is addictive, especially when there’s a McDonalds lurking around the corner to feed our hunger and encourage us to spend more (Ed. I don’t think any encouragement is needed lol.

Oh yes, how could we forget the amazing bakeries – Avneesh couldn’t resist a slice of the fresh rich chocolate cake exactly like the one from Matlida, which was indeed irresistible if I do say so my myself.

Dinner time was soon around the corner and seen as we all had a craving for Indian food, the majority of us went to the local Indian restaurant, which happened to be a buffet – OH YES, and how could we get better than that!!!Hot Indian food was definitely appreciated by most of the group – (Ed. Lynne I still want my Indian )Take away on the night I get back). Followed by piggy-back races back to the hostel. Another successful, enjoyable day, preparing for the start of tomorrows Main trek ...Salkantay and our visit to one of the worlds wonders MACHUPICCHU.

(Ed. PLEASE REMEMBER EVERYONE WE WILL NOW BE OUT OF CONTACT UNTIL WE GET BACK TO CUSCO ON THE 29TH (FRIDAY)....NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.....DONT WORRY I HAVE TRAINED THEM HARD OVER THE PAST THREE DAYS AND I BELIEVE THEY ARE READY!!!!!!)

By Ria Lakhani




No comments:

Post a Comment